Thursday, March 26, 2009

How to Get to Sleep

How to Get to Sleep

Stress and worry can keep you up for hours. Sleep is just a blink away.

PREPARE - Teeth brushed, jammies on, comfortable bed, appropriate pillow, set yourself up for success.

DRINK MILK - It does not have to be warmed up to give the same sleep inducing effects. Even a small glass of cold milk can help prepare your body for sleep.

LAY in a relaxing position. Whether you are a back sleeper, side sleeper or stomach sleeper, should not deter you from falling asleep.

TIRE OUT YOUR MIND - It is usually my mind that keeps me up. It keeps going and won't stop. In order to stop it, I try to think of something complicated for my mind to work on, instead of dwelling on my problems. For example: I will think of a math calculation such as long division. My mind keeps trying to solve the equation, but because I am sleepy, I keep losing track of where I am in the problem and I have to start over again. I have never come to the correct answer to the problem, I am asleep before that. You may want to go through the times tables in your mind. Or try to solve a larger problem

SOLVE ANY DIFFICULTIES - If you are experiencing physical pain, a cold or allergies, take the appropriate medications recommended by your doctor prior to trying to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers