Friday, March 27, 2009

1,000 Calorie A Day Diet Day 5

Last week I just became so frustrated with my tight pants that I decided it was time for me to lose weight. I know that exercising is never enough for me to lose weight. I have to cut my calories in order to make a difference. Unfortunately my calorie reduction has to be significant. I chose 1,000 calories, because that is the amount that has worked for me in the past. I do allow myself a little remove for mistakes and my maximum calories per day has not been more than 1,200.

I also know that I have absolutely no will power. If I get hungry, then I want to eat and my diet is ruined. I decided that I would eat as filling meals as possible. Now, I know what you are thinking that 1,000 calories is not enough to be filling, but it can be. I have been adding a 1/2 glass of 1% milk or a piece of bread to my meals to fill myself up. I can have a lean cuisine and 1/2 glass of milk. I am full after that. I am also able to make it to my next meal without snacking. I am not a person that can snack and lose weight. If I do get hungry between meals I eat an apple or banana.

I also keep myself very busy between meals so that I do not start thinking about getting hungry again. This has been working so far. I started out at 151 pounds and I am now at 147. I am very happy with my progress. I will keep you updated just in case you are interested and I will let everyone know exactly what I am doing in case you want to do it to. You should ask a doctor for advice before starting any weight loss program.

I never eat in the evenings. No food after 6:00 pm. I eat breakfast around 9:00am, lunch around 12:00pm and dinner around 5:00pm. This habit was hard to break, but once I got into the swing of things, I no longer desired a snack in the afternoon or evening.

I try to drink enough water. I am going for 6 glasses a day because I do drink other liquids. It is important to spread it out through the day.

I also drink 4 glasses of green tea each day. Either hot or cold. Green tea helps me to feel full and it also has a chemical in it that helps the body burn calories.

I do a lot of walking every day. I also try to exercise 5 days per week by weight training.

I get a lot of support by using sites such as livestrong.com and weightwatchers.com.

I keep track of my weight and my calorie intake on livestrong.coms daily plate. I am also in a weight loss dare there.

Weightwatchers is a great source for emotional support, recipes, diet tips and other weight loss information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers